NAFD Approved Tutor Training
NAFD Approved Tutors are qualified in the
Certificate in Education and Training (Level 4) Plus
The Certificate in Education and Training (Level 4) Plus programme will provide funeral directors with a thorough preparation for undertaking tutoring on behalf of the NAFD.
Are you currently an NAFD member? Are you employed as a Funeral Director ?
Would you like to deliver NAFD Qualifications?
Would you like to achieve a nationally recognised teaching qualification?
Registrations are once again being invited from funeral directors interested in training to become a 'qualified' NAFD approved tutor.
A integrated teacher training programme of blended-learning, based on the development of tutoring skills to national qualification standards integrated with the knowledge required to deliver NAFD qualifications, is once again available for prospective tutors. Achievement of the new tutor training will provide a recognised national qualification in the Certificate in Education and Training (Level 4). This externally awarded qualification has replaced the previous Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector CTLLS award.
There are six modules to complete and successfully achieve.
Attendance of a series of a ten face to face workshops apply in addition to additional self guided personal learning outside of the workshops. Independent research forms an integral part of the study process.
Delivery includes a range of workshop based activities
Assessment is based on a blended method of assessment consisting of i.e. assignments, compilation of a portfolio of evidence and live observed practice tutoring sessions.
Funeral Directors can be assured that tuition and assessment received through the NAFD is thorough and of the highest quality, and as such, reflects the equality and the diversity of all individuals and their respective employers.
All NAFD tutors are trained and managed by the NAFD.
Through our quality management processes, we are able to guarantee on-going quality management to ensure tutoring standards are maintained in order to:-
- provide a fit for purpose, safe and inclusive learning environment;
- deliver tutoring using a range of techniques that is engaging and supports a deeper understanding of the subject;
- work to the learning and assessment criteria within the NAFD qualifications syllabi;
- utilise an NAFD core set of tutor lesson plans and NAFD student learning materials;
- an agreed timetable with students for the training delivery and formative assessment of coursework;
- to ensure student progress is monitored and communicated to the student and where appropriate their employer;
- work to published examination timescales for the purposes of summative assessment.
- provide additional support where reasonably practicable for students with additional learning needs
- carry outall tutoring services without prejudice, and in a professional manner;
- recognise and respect student confidentiality;
We are extremely passionate about the standard of tutoring NAFD approved tutors are able to provide.
For this reason, we have taken an extra step to ensure not only are we able to provide rigorous training for prospective tutors to achieve the recognised national teaching qualification standards, we also want tutors to understand about the hard and soft skills required for learning and student development.
Additional Student Support
We are aware there may be some students who will benefit from receiving additional support to improve their key skills in English and Maths. There may be others who experience the impact of Dyslexia or other disabilities. For this reason, tutors will be able to support students and to offer access to a range of resources and tools available.
Please register your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org