We believe that everyone has the capability to learn, develop and to glow upon achievement - irrespective of age and irrespective of gender. If you are wondering 'Am I good enough', 'Will I be successful', you will most likely find other people think exactly the same about themselves too - in other words, you are not alone. Providing that you have the willpower to start and the motivation to succeed, the answer is 'Yes', so leave the rest to us!
What do my fees pay for?
NAFD Student Registration
- access to the NAFD's core learning materials.
- access to Moodle - a new Online Learning System for you to gain access to the study materials 24/7; exchange and share resources and ideas with other funeral service students:an online system for submitting and safekeeping of all your coursework.
- access to additional accessibility resources, should you have any additional learning needs as a result of having dyslexia for example.
- access to a range of online learning resources to help you to brush up on your English and Maths if you find you would benefit from a little extra help.
- access to all qualification related learning and assessment information you need to succeed.
- should any unforeseen /unplanned events happen in your life, a maximum period of two years for you to complete your studies and final assessment.
- final award certification (quality endorsed by Birmingham City University and approved by OneAwards part of the National Open College Network).
NAFD registered students gain access to purchase of a NUS Student Discount Card.
NAFD Approved Tutor Fees.
NAFD approved tutors are all qualified to national teaching standards, which means that, you will work with tutors who recognise that everyone has differing learning needs and as such, will respect and treat you as an individual. Your tutor knows how to bring out the best in students, and as such, tutors have the flexibility to ensure that you receive a standard of tuition that you deserve.
Your tutor fees are in addition to the NAFD Registration Fee. Tutor fees will provide:
- access to a qualified tutor trained to national teaching standards.
- access to a training venue fit for purpose and conducive to learning.
- access to a series of tutor-led face to face workshops for each learning module
- access to ongoing tutor support for guidance in-between workshops, either via a live pre-agreed time for an online discussion; via telephone conference calls; or perhaps additional face to face meetings where appropriate.
- access to NAFD approved tutor feedback on your progress and coursework assessment.
The fees you pay for your final examination include the folllowing:-
- assessment support from a team of NAFD approved and trained examiners
- sampling of coursework throughout the period of your learning, to ensure the standards of coursework uploaded to Moodle are appropriate to the learning outcomes of the qualification
- access to a final oral examination (appropriate to the Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration)
- access to a final written examination
NAFD Centrally Managed Qualification Programmes
If after completing the Online Application for the Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration you find you are unable to find an available tutor, your application will automatically default into a pool of applications for a centrally managed programme.
You will be contacted within 48 hours of receiving your application by our Training Administrator, who will offer you a place on a centrally managed programme.
The exact location of training will be dependant upon the demand we receive.
Access to a table of Professional Fees can be downloaded here.
The total cost of this qualification will vary depending on the tutor of your choice. Please bear in mind, the student registration fee and examination fee are both in addition to the fees you will need to pay for either private tuition or attendance of a centrally managed programme.